2015 CAMP DATES AND FEES
July 19 – 24, 2015 ($195)
Saskatoon Junior Band Camp – University of Saskatchewan
August 9 – 14, 2015 ($195)
Yorkton Junior Band Camp – Yorkdale Central School
August 16 – 21, 2015 ($295)
Kenosee Junior Band Camp – Kenosee Lake
Online and mail registration will be available in March.
- The Saskatchewan Band Association has established this program to provide a summer band camp opportunity for students at a reasonable cost.
- Day camps are offered in Regina, Saskatoon, and Yorkton.
- The Kenosee Junior Camp is a full residential camp offered at Clearview Camp in beautiful Kenosee Lake Provincial Park.
- Each camp offers comprehensive instruction for woodwind, brass and percussion students who have one or more years of playing experience.
- The camps are designed to assist in the improvement of performance skills that relate directly to the positive experiences of playing in band.
- The camps provides an excellent way for students to learn new musical and technical skills, make new friends, have fun, and improve sound and technique.
- Students will be assigned to a band on the first morning of camp, according to their musical experience and performance ability.
- The camps include full band, private lessons, sectional instruction, small ensembles, master classes, theory, ear training, rhythm training, sight-reading, staff performances, recreation and social activities, and a final student’s public concert.
- Junior Camps: Students who have completed one year of playing up to and including grade 9. Advanced junior students wishing to attend Senior camp should contact the SBA office or the coordinator of your camp.
Senior Camps: Grades 9 - 12 (students who have graduated from grade 12 in 2015 are welcome to attend)
Online and mail registration will be available in March.
For online registration you will receive all information and receipts via email. Be sure to add the Saskatchewan Band Association to your trusted contacts in your email program. If you do not receive confirmations or receipts - check your junk mail folder.
- Early registration fees apply on or before June 27, 2015. After the early registration deadline, all fees increase by $25.
- Registration Fees may be paid by cheque, credit card , or PayPal. Fees must be paid before registration is complete. You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay online with your credit card.
- NOTE FOR KENOSEE LAKE CAMP: This camp fills up quickly. Please register early to avoid disappointment. After the available spaces are full a waiting list is established on a first-come, first-served basis. Only students who are paid in full (no post-dated cheques are accepted) are registered for the camp and/or placed on the waiting list. If you have registered and are placed on the waiting list you will be notified. If you do not get into the camp from the waiting list your fee will be refunded.
- Registrations accompanied by post-dated cheques will not be processed until the date listed on the cheque, and fees as of the date of the cheque will be applicable.
- A $25 fee will be charged on all NSF cheques.
- Organizations submitting one cheque, for full or partial scholarships, must indicate the name of the student receiving the scholarship, and the camp the student will attend.
- Additional registrations from the same, immediate family receive a $10 discount per additional registration.
- We are unable to process phone or fax registrations. ONLINE REGISTRATIONS or MAILED HARD COPIES OF REGISTRATION FORMS ARE REQUIRED.
- All receipts for cheque payments will be emailed to your email account after payment has cleared.
- Paypal and credit card payment receipts are sent automatically to your email account.
- If you require assistance registering or require more information please email the SBA office or call 1-877-475-2263
Please make all cheques payable to:
Saskatchewan Band Association
34 Sunset Drive North, Yorkton, SK S3N 3K9
Prior to 4 weeks before camp start date: FULL REFUND less $25 administration charge
Less than 4 weeks before camp start date: NO REFUND
It is not all work at SBA Camps. Although music is the focus, recreation and fun are an essential ingredient in the overall camping experience. In addition to breaks and free time, each day, a wide-array of planned activities keep students active and involved. Depending on the particular camp, students participate in a wide variety of activities during scheduled recreation periods. The fun continues into the evening with activities such as dances, movies, student talent night, faculty recitals and other concerts.
ROOM & BOARD (Kenosee Camp Only)
Kenosee Lake - cost included in registration fee: The Kenosee Jr. Camp is held at Clearview Church Camp in Kenosee Provincial Park. This is a residential camp where all students and staff stay on-site in cabins. All accommodations and meals are included in the Camp Registration Fee. Space for this camp is limited so register early. Regina, Saskatoon, and Yorkton camps are day camps only and room and board is not offered.
CREATIVE KIDS SCHOLARSHIPS
The Creative Kids program is an initiative to reduce financial barriers for children participating in the areas of arts and culture. Go to: http://www.creativekidssask.ca/ for all the information and to apply.
Some camps may offer a Jazz component. This option will be for interested students who have at least one year of experience in a Jazz Band.
The Saskatchewan Band Association offers scholarships for students who may not be able to attend due to financial reasons. SBA Scholarship applications are made by band directors on behalf of students. Please contact your band director if you are interested in a scholarship due to financial circumstances. Other scholarships may also be available through community organizations, service organizations, music booster groups, and your local school.
SUPPORT AND SPONSORSHIP
The Saskatchewan Band Association receives major funding from Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation. Proceeds from Saskatchewan Lotteries support over 12,000 culture, sport, and recreation groups throughout Saskatchewan. The SBA Summer Band Camp Program Also Receives Support From: Good Spirit School Division, SaskCulture, U of R Department of Music, and the U of S Department of Music.